Suané Maré word 21 jaar oud !
Suané Maré celebrated her 21 st birthday on 31 October 2013 during the weekend of 1 – 2 November 2013 at Treeferns Trout Lodge.
Op Saterdag, 2 November 2013, was Treeferns Trout Lodge die "venue" vir die 21ste verjaarsdag vierings van Suané Maré, vir ongeveer 65 gaste.Haar groot dag was 31 Oktober.
• #1 en 2 – Die regmaak proses van die saal is al die Vrydag begin. Die tema was 1950’s. Plate is aan die dak gehang, seile teen die muur en polka dots is uitgenip vir die 50’s effek.
• #3 – 'n Glasie sjerrie is aan elke gas gegee om die aandjie mee af te skop.
• #4 en 5 – Ons het 'n hoekie omskep waar elke paartjie/gesin kon sit vir 'n foto. Dit was heel prettig.
• #6 en 7 – Die verjaardag meisie, Suané, (heelbo) het almal welkom geheet en die bedankings gedoen. Haar pa het toe die mikrofoon geneem en 'n paar dinge oor sy dogter met die gaste gedeel.
• #8 – Die verjaardag meisie saam met haar ouers.
Na al die toesprake en heerlike kos, wat deur Morné en Nicoline van Treeferns gemaak is, is die tafels weggeskuif en die dansery het begin!
TREEFERNS TROUT LODGE is the ideal venue for celebrations, group events, family festivals, year end functions, fly fishing competitions, sporting events, etc. proudly offering :
• comfortable group accommodation
• music, dancing
• exciting activities like fly fishing, hiking, star gazing, clay pigeon shooting
TREEFERNS TROUT LODGE now also boasts clay pigeon or clay target shooting
Morne trying out the new equipment
How much will it cost you?
Participating in this new thrill is scheduled for Saturdays at 10h00, or as mutually agreed on with guests. The rate is R150 pers. minimum for 10 shots, including use of the gun, ammunition and 10 targets. Additional shots will cost R15 per shot.
• Guests are welcome to bring their own guns, but ammunition and targets will have to be bought on site.
• Prior arrangement on booking or arrival is required.
• Clay pigeon shooting is an ideal sport for team building and group events.
What exactly is clay pigeon shooting ?
Clay pigeon shooting or clay target shooting is the art of shooting a firearm at flying objects made of clay, hence the name clay pigeon or clay target. It is also referred to as "inanimate bird shooting".The machine that throws or projects the target is called a trap. The make used here is the Skybird Trap . The shot gun is a 12 bore Mossberg pump action.
The gun and trap Aiming on the target
How does it work ?
• The trap throws the target in various trajectories, angles, speeds, allevations, and distances designed to simulate live quarries like duck, pheasant, quinea fowl, pigeon.
• Clay pigeon shooting has a variety of forms or more correctly disciplines, viz. English sporting, international sporting, super sporting, and compak sporting.
• Each form of the sport features a predetermined number of stands or positions each with its own type of targets.
• The target is normally in the shape of an inverted disc or saucer made of a mixture of clay strong enough to withstand breaking up when thrown with force at high speed, but brittle enough to disintegrate when hit by pellets from the gun. Ordinarily it is red to make it more visible.
For more info and bookings contact Morne, tel. 072 403 1895.
Do you want to be fit and capable to defend yourself ? I bet you want !
Treeferns Trout Lodge held its first very successfull high altitude fitness and self defence camp for Martial Arts students and instructors on 19 – 21 October 2013.
What is MARTIAL ARTS ?
"The main contents of this fighting art, called Martial Arts, are as follows:
The movements form a part of the art through the balance and rhythm. Joe Viljoen received the highest degree in ballet and can thus develop ballet movement into powerful fighting techniques.
The semi and full hand techniques to the face, and full contact to the middle section of the body. The footwork is developed to suite the style of fighting.
The controlled kick techniques are semi and fully placed to the face and full contact kicks to the middle section of the body.
- Judo and Wrestling
- The grips and throws are also taught to the students to use in self defence."
( Acknowledgement www.rcfa.co.za)
Thirty (30) students and instructors, all practicing the art of Ring Contact Fighting Art, attended the camp to improve their fighting and self defense skills. The weekend was very cold, wet and misty, but this was no obstacle for the Martial Artists. Running, practicing and team building brought them together as a team.
The instructors and students were mainly from Pretoria under the leadership of Shihan Gerhard Laubscher.
A team building excercise It is also great fun Kick boxing
Skills like MMA (Mixed Martial Arts), Grappling, light- and full Contact Kick Boxing/karate were practised. This sport offers you all the disciplines in Martial Arts like fighting, karate, selfdefence, weapons, and Form (kata's) The high altitude of Treeferns Trout Lodge (2030 m) makes these a test of fitness to remember !
The Manager of Treeferns, Morne van Rensburg, also a 4th degree Black Belt Instructor, is grading for 5th degree Black Belt on 8 December and is planning to promote more such 'High Altitude Training camps' in 2014.
Treeferns Trout Lodge provided the accommodation and catered for all the meals. We are very proud to be associated with such a wonderfull sport as Ring Contact Fighting Art, developed by Master Joe Viljoen..
If you are interested in any high altitude training camps for groups or individuals and catering for sports like swimming, cycling, jogging, Martial Arts/Karate etc., please contact us at:
Treeferns Trout Lodge for a quote/booking on 072 403 1895 (Morne) or 082 894 0119(Nicoline)
The Annual Dullstroom Fly Fishing Bonanza took place 4-6 October 2013.
The cast of events.
More than 80 fly fishermen took part in this annual event. Treeferns Trout Lodge was one of many lodges who sponsored dams (8, 9 and 10). The dams were stocked on Thursday, 3 October especially for this event with fish up to 2 kg’s. The anglers drew their different dams/venues on the Thursday evening at the Poacher, Dullstroom, where the price-giving also took place.
Groot dam 80 fishermen took part I got you!
Fishing was very challenging, especially in Dam 8 (‘Grootdam’). This dam is notorious for those big monsters that lurks in the deep water or near the Reeds where novice anglers can’t reach. It was very hot and the dams did not show much activity till late afternoon. Dams 9 and 10 produced the most fish and the Saturday afternoon session (2-5pm) were caught on Dam no 9 out of all participating venues/dams. This dam produced beautiful fish with an average length of 54 cm. Dam 10 also delivered quite a number of fish over the 3 days of the competition.
Mr Dos Santos with his Rainbow
Mr Dos Santos caught this Rainbow in dam no 9 on the Friday morning session measuring 48cm. Flies that worked was the well-known Black Fritz Bugger available at The Village Angler, Dullstroom. Anglers who fished with floating lines were totally unsuccessful.
All in the aid of charity.
This was the 3rd year that Treeferns sponsored dams for this event. Almost R100 000-00 was raised in this event for charity work in the Dullstroom Area. The total value of all the prices was almost R200 000-00 !
Treeferns Trout Lodge is a proud supporter of the annual Dullstroom Bonanza. We thank all participants in this worthy cause !
BELANGRIK: Om ontbrekende foto's te laat vertoon, regsklik op die rooi kruisie. Kies
dan "download pictures". Dan sal die foto's gesien word. Vir hulp of navrae, kontak
gerus vir Adele Lombaard – 021 864 8220.
Maandag, 11 November 2013
Ons geskiedenis is in sy hande
Wie kan ons van die liefde van Christus skei? (Romeine 8:35.)
Hieroor kan ons nie genoeg praat nie.
Daardie neiging om heeltyd negatief en sinies oor ons land en sy mense te dink en te praat.
Natuurlik is daar baie om oor te huil, te wanhoop en selfs kwaad oor te wees! Veral as 'n mens dink aan die onreg teenoor vroue en kinders, die grypsug en misdaad. Ook wat in die politieke arena gebeur of nie gebeur nie. Alan Paton se klassieke werk oor ons land se bewoë geskiedenis heet nie verniet "Cry the beloved country" nie.
Maar dit sou niks anders wees nie as onverskilligheid, eenogigheid en selfs ongeloof om heeltyd hierby vas te haak, kompleet soos 'n outydse platespeler. Nee, daar is goeie redes waarom ons, sonder om onsself te mislei of ons kop in die sand te druk, positief en hoopvol kan en moet bly.
In dié verband moet ons steeds onthou:
God laat alle dinge uiteindelik ten goede meewerk – ons opofferings én ons swaarkry (Rom 8:28).
Here, wat 'n troos om te weet dat ons land – sy geskiedenis, mense en toekoms in u hande is. Amen
Om Boodskap vir Vandag vir ’n vriend of kennis te laat aanstuur, klik hier.
Boodskap vir Vandag word uitgegee deur Bybel-Media. Om in te teken vir hierdie GRATIS dagstukkie, stuur ‘n e-pos aan email@example.com met die opskrif, Teken In: Boodskap vir Vandag.
TREEFERNS TROUT LODGE is a kids paradise with no comparison !
• acres of playing ground
• jungle gym
Treeferns is truly a children friendly place, a real kids paradise where Mom and Dad can enjoy their peace of mind.
Etienne's enthusiasm was not wasted !
Etienne van der Merwe took on his father, Altus, in a family fishing competition, and caught this 1.05 kg brown trout. His smile says it all.
Altus and Charmaine van der Merwe, Charmaine's mother, Etienne and Renier spent an enjoyable long weekend in September at Treeferns Trout Lodge.
Etienne and Renier with Grandmother, were also baby-sitting Nuskha's puppies.
Nicoline with Nuskha and her litter
Breed of dog
Nicoline is the proud owner of Nuskha, a Blue Roan English Cocker Spaniel, a breed of gun dog, very active and sporting, the "cocker" coming from hunting woodcock birds.They are blue-ish in colour with long, shiny, fluffy hair needing good care. This is a very popular family pet for its loyal and affectionate temperament.
We at Treeferns Trout Lodge are very proud of our customer service
Supplementary to our Code of Conduct (See “Home Page, About Us, Code of Conduct”), we consider our customers our most valuable asset. Without customers there is no business. Therefore we structure our business strategy around our customers and their needs.
GOLDEN RULES OF CUSTOMER SERVICE :
• we know who our most important customers are, and we pay them special attention like family and friends;
• we know where our customers come from and we cultivate those areas;
• we value word of mouth and compensate for reference on merit;
• we keep our promises, and we are proud of the accuracy of our booking system and administrative procedures;
• we care for the comfort, health, and safety of our customers and visitors;
• we believe in honesty and integrity to customers and suppliers as the backbone of our business strategy;
• we believe in sound and healthy relationships with our customers, suppliers, and competitors alike;
• we try to offer that little extra more than customers expect;
• we encourage feedback from customers on services rendered, and try our very best to accommodate recommendations made;
• we believe in a prompt return of enquiries and bookings;
• lastly, but not least, we are only human, and apologise for any misunderstandings and errors which are unlikely to happen.
The slideshow is of some of our valued customers from left to right :
• Tour operator of Big Tau Safaris, Louis Boodryk, with a group of tourists.
• A school group of Nesher school, Delmas.
• Visitors favour the view from the look-out point.
• Third year student Beauticians, University of North-West.
• Morne handing out prizes to winners of fly fishing competition.
• Derick Toerien hosting a company event at Treeferns Trout Lodge.